Why AVG LinkScanner®
There are millions of poisoned web pages out there. They can live on familiar, big-name sites - and they can come and go within hours. Just clicking on one can get you into trouble. You can end up losing your money, your identity and your most precious digital memories.
AVG LinkScanner® checks each web page in real-time before it opens on your PC. If it sees trouble ahead, it stops you. It's quick and easy to install, runs smoothly alongside other major brands of security software and it's free.
AVG LinkScanner® has a two-fold approach to your safety online:
- Search-Shield scans search results and places a safety rating next to each link, so you know where it's safe to click.
- Active Surf-Shield scans the page behind any link you click on or any web address you type into your browser. If the page is poisoned, it stops you from opening it. (This happens so quickly that you don't even notice it.)
The fact that AVG LinkScanner® works in real-time makes it unique. The software doesn't rely on "blacklists" of sites that have previously been poisoned, but instead checks for active threats right before you arrive at a page.
The Threat Landscape
If you still haven't downloaded AVG LinkScanner® , we'd hate to worry you, but ignorance is not bliss in the current online environment:
- 95% of online threats are web-based and cannot be stopped with anti-virus software alone.
- AVG sees 100,000-150,000 threats a day, 30,000 of these are new each day.
- Online criminals set up their own websites or poison legitimate ones (even just single web pages).
- 60% of all pages hosting web threats are poisoned for less than a day, making the threats difficult to catch unless they are viewed on the actual page in real-time. This makes AVG LinkScanner® essential protection.
- One in eight web users will unknowingly come across a poisoned page at least once a month.
Online criminals are getting smarter. But we're always ahead of them. Our real-time AVG LinkScanner® software detects threats at the only time it matters - before you arrive. And the software is free, so why not just download it?